The Idea :
- White blood cells (aka "Leukocytes") are cells of our immune
system that have the responsibility of defending our body from diseases
and other unwanted things such as bacteria and parasites.
- Not all white blood cells are the same, each type is formed differently, and targets different types of foreign materials.
most common type of white blood cell are neutrophils. They make up
about 60% percent of our white blood cells, and they target bacteria
- White blood cells are alive, on average, for about three to four days.
- Click here to view the YouTube video of a white blood cell chasing down and absorbing a bacterium that was our inspiration for this game.
Our Game :
- You get control of 5 white blood cells, each cell has an associated color of invading cell that it can safely destroy
your turn, you can move any of your cells any amount in any diagonal
direction (click on one of your cells to see available move locations)
- Invading cells spawn on the right side of the screen, and during every turn the invading cells move one space to the left
an invading cell lands on one of your cells, it is destroyed if the
colors match, if they don't match then your cell is destroyed
- When you lose a cell, it will respawn in the upper-left of the game board after 5 turns
- Your cells have a limited (9) amount of kills they can perform before dying naturally
- If an enemy cell reaches the left side of the screen, you lose a health point
- The game is over when you lose all your healh points
- As the game progresses, the likelihood and amount of invading cell spawns will increase
- Try to destroy multiple cells on the same turn to get bonus points and effects
- Use mouse to select and move your cells
The game can be downloaded
here, just run the file Leukocytes.jar (requires Java
Created by Joel Duggan, Kunal Khaladkar,
and William Leung
Craig Martens and Prof. Peter Krapp
Back to Main Page