The Idea :
- DNA is a molecule encoded in every living organism that
describes the genetic structure of the organism.
- It is made up of strands of four base nucleotides (guanine,
adenine, thymine, and cytosine).
are usually encoded in a double helix, where each nucleotide attaches
with one other nucleotide, (guanine with cytosine, and thymine with
adenine), to form the structure.
- DNA Replication
- DNA replication is coordinated and executed by a family
of enzymes called DNA polymerases.
- A DNA strand must first be "unzipped", creating two
- Then, each single strand is synthesized into a full DNA
strand by matching a nucleotide with its correspoding nucleotide.
Our Game :
- You play as a DNA polymerase, matching pairs of nucleotides
together to form a double-strand of DNA.
- Match C and G nucleotides together
- Match A and T nucleotides together
- When a nucleotide enters the red box, either type the letter of
the corresponding nucleotide, or
use the buttons on left side of the game
- When your combined misses and wrong's reach 5, the game is
- Perfect streaks increase your score multiplier, and you get
more points the longer you last
Created by Joel Duggan, Kunal Khaladkar,
and William Leung
Craig Martens and Prof. Peter Krapp
Back to Main Page